One of the Foundation’s missions is to transfer resulting medical research discoveries from the laboratory to the use of the general public by patenting and licensing such technology for development into drugs or other products. The following medical products, which have been developed utilizing discoveries by the Clayton Foundation or its supporting organizations, have been brought to market.
Post-surgical non-opioid pain relief
Exparel uses DepoFoam®, a proven product delivery technology, to deliver bupivacaine over 72 hours.
- Bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension
- Post-operative pain
Drug for time-released pain control
Depodur is the only extended-release morphine sulphate approved for epidural use in the treatment of postsurgical pain.
- Morphine liposome injectable suspension
- Post-operative pain
Therapeutic drug for cancer
DEPOCYT is a sustained release formulation of cytarabine approved for the treatment of lymphomatous meningitis.
- Cytarabine liposomes injectable suspension
- Lymphomatous and solid tumor meningitis
- autologous CD34+ cells encoding βA-T87Q-globin gene
- autologous CD34+ cells encoding the ALDP gene
- early cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CALD)
- BCMA targeting Car-T cell therapy
- Multiply myeloma
- CD19 targeting Car-T cell therapy
- Refractroy or relapsed large B cell lymphoma
- Lentiviral gene therapy
- Early onset metachromatic leukodystrophy (MLD)
RetCam3 & RetCam Shuttle
RetCam3 and RetCam Shuttle are major achievements in providing minaturized, integrated, wide-field imaging for management of eye disorders in infants.
- Neonatal and pediatric imaging system
- Wide-field digital imaging system for the hospital and clinic
SNAP 4Dx Plus Test
Screening test for detecting vector-borne disease including Ehrlichia canis, Ehrlichia ewingii, and Ehrlichia chaffeensis
The AccuPlex4 test for heartworm and the pathogens that cause Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis and anaplasmosis offers significant improvements in sensitivity and specificity over existing screening tests.
- Ehrlichoisis canine
- Assay for canine vector borne diseases
SCA6 Diagnostic Tests
Neurogenetic diagnostic assay
Ataxia is characterized by poor coordination of hand, speech and eye movements, uncoordinated and unsteady gait. The test detects the triplet repeat expansion in nine known genes causing cerebellar ataxia, CAG triple repeat expansion in the SCA6 gene.
- Ataxia diagnostic
- Assay for Spinocerebellar ataxia type 6 (SCA6)
FIA – Functional Intracellular Analysis
Lymphocyte blood assay
SpectraCell’s FIA™ is a clinically effective diagnostic tool for the prevention and management of chronic disease conditions.
- Functional Intracellular analysis
- Assay for intracellular function of essential micronutrien